If you are one of those who is out in the wilderness dealing with the trails of our Mother Nature, and your job demands you to deal with potentially dangerous machinery. It’s important for you to look out for yourself and stay protected at all times. Whether it’s navigating the forests or scaling the tallest tree, one is faced with a lot of workplace hazards in the logging industry.
With all the other safety gears, one of the most important ones to consider is a good pair of work boots that make sure you stay well protected from all these dangers. The logger boots are specially designed to keep your feet and toes safe and secure, and are also an integral part of the uniform that will make sure you don’t face the heel pain and other aches.
What You Should Look for the Best Logger Boots?
Now while searching for the best logger boots for you, it’s important for you to consider some factors before choosing which logging boots will suit your feet the best. These are some of the criteria for you to evaluate.
The boots should already support your feet. Your feets are that part of the body that tolerates the major part of weight and stress of the body. It’s crucial to make it a point to choose to wear the right boots which will provide stability, support and shock absorption. Whether you’re in dense forests or working in the construction field, it’s your duty to ensure foot safety which has anchored into your boots to prevent your ankle from rolling. Without the right kind of support to your feet, you can experience back and hip pain, even joint pains.
The materials used in the boots are important to note as you can never be sure of your working conditions. The materials used in the boot act like the line of defense for your feet from the nails, water, mud and other things. So thus the materials should be of good quality. Logger boots are often made of full grain, genuine leather, which can withstand harsh circumstances without damaging the boot and also at the same time protect your feets.
It’s crucial to maintain the traction on all sorts of uneven or slippery surfaces. There are some logger boots which have slip-proof boots with extra traction in the soles and those are made to treasure ! They provide additional grip and protect from injury.
The comfort factor is equally an important factor. So providing the right cushioning inside the logger boots is something to keep in mind. With the long hours of work, your feet not only need support but also the comfort to stay in for a long time.
Logger boots are like the utility boots, they have many safety features like insulated soles and steel toes. It’s crucial to protect yourself when you work in the construction dn logging field. These boots have features like toe protection, they have rubber as a protection from the live electrical wires or extreme voltage. Here are some of the options for you.
How to Select Best logger Boots?
One of the most tough professions in the world is logging. It is a risky, daring, and difficult work that needs extreme risks at all times. Mishaps in the logging industry will result in major injury and even death of workers. Loggers mostly operate in an intense world with harsh and extreme impacts. Falling trees, wet weather, greasy surfaces, and heavy logs are all enemies of loggers, who need protective equipment to continue working safely.
Loggers need boots that meet safety requirements for climbing and working on uneven terrain in unpredictable weather, all the while lugging around heavy logs and dangerous equipment. Logger boots are designed to provide warmth, support, strength, defense, and protection to your feet in order to prevent this.
Logger boot is a form of heavy-duty work boot intended for use in rugged outdoor environments where employees are constantly exposed to damp and rough terrain. Climbing spurs may be worn with these boots because of the elevated sole but often worn by individuals who work in a variety of other fields.
A good fit is the foundation of a good pair of work boots.
The logger boot has a more square sole than a narrow toe, an elevated heel cap, and is usually 8 to 10 inches long, but this is not always the case. The lace pattern is usually lace-to-toe, although this isn’t always the case. There may or may not be a kiltie on the lips, depending on who makes it and consumer demand.
Guide/Tips To Choose Best Logger Boots
Choosing the right pair of logging boots is a difficult job that requires all of your wisdom. Following are some of the major points which you should keep in mind while picking your logger boots.
- Always choose logger boots with double welting. Many bookmakers ignore this move to save money, but double welting – which attaches the boot to the sole with two layers of stitching – allows for a sturdier boot. A double welt also makes a boot more waterproof by reducing the amount of cracks and crevices from which moisture can enter. This is especially important if you work outside.
- Some occupations, such as warehousing and other trades involving heavy freight, include steel-toe boots for jobs due to OSHA law or employer policy. So in steel toe logger boots to consider is the toe, specifically steel toe logger boots that are suitable for you to wear. If you need steel toe logger boots, make sure you have a fitting before buying.
- Heel and ankle support are necessary if you’ll be on your feet all day, particularly if you’ll be walking on hard pavement or rocky terrain. In this regard, the logger boot architecture excels…if it’s well designed.
- If you’re a logger in a wet climate, look for caulked logger boots (Caulking on boots refers to the mounting of traction systems rather than the application of an adhesive) or a boot maker who can make them for you.
- For heat resistant soles always choose mesabi logger boots that can withstand over 475 degrees Fahrenheit. They have a Lineman steel shank for safety and support, as well as full-grain durable leather to keep moisture out.
- For slip resistance logger boots always choose harder rubber will not only increase overall performance, it will also significantly improve resistance to slipping on wet patches
- Ensure that Gore-Tex lining is used in your logger work boots which will keep your feet insulated and also keep out the water in cold conditions so always remember the addition of extra lining when working in cold conditions. The only disadvantage of Gore-Tex is the lack of insulation, but in the cold of the jungle, this is a concession we are able to make.
Here Are Best Logger Boots For Men In 2022
1. Danner Men’s Logger 8″ 400G Nmt Work Boot | Industrial & Construction Boots
Danner Men’s Logger 8″ 400G Nmt Work Boot | Industrial & Construction Boots
The Danner Logger Work Boots have been the real deal boots that not only look good but also are highly performing. They are made with 100% Oiled nubuck leather, have rubber sole, 400G of Thinsulate Ultra insulation, and Danner Dry waterproof protection.
This Oregon based company is one of a dependable brand, and their special characteristics like non- metallic toe meets or exceed ASTM F2413-11 M I/75 C/75 EH standards make them suitable not only for work but extreme hikes and rugged camping trips. Comfort wise, the Danner Logger Boots are very comfortable. Their waterproof feature helps the wearer to keep their eyes at their work instead of worrying about what they could step into. Even though they aren’t made to be fashionable, the nubuck leather used is itself very stylish and sharp.
- These boots come with composite toe requirements, so you can get the ones that suits your needs and requirements
- The waterproof and sharp looking feature are very impressive
- The soles are resistant to electrocution
- These boots are not made to be used in pavements
2. Ad Tec Super Logger Insulated Waterproof 9 Inch Boot
Ad Tec Super Logger Insulated Waterproof 9 Inch Boot
The Ad Tec Super Logger boot is one of a kind with its excellent quality at a great price. So it’s a win-win for all of you. These boots are durable, oil resistant lug sole and with a short break-in period. It provides you with the right comfort to your feet as its insoles can be replaced with the
high quality pair of Dr Schooll’s. If you tend to wear your boots many times a year, these are for you. These narrow tongues can be fixed with a nice comfortable pair of socks. The exterior is made with horse saddle leather, so it’s very elegant. These also have a short break-in period.
- These boots are available at an affordable price without any compromise on the efficiency
- The exterior is made with horse saddle leather which makes it age beautifully
- When it comes to comfort, these are the best
- It has risks with the exposure of metal screws to the surface, as the heels wear out faster
3. Irish Setter Work Men’s Mesabi 83829 Work Boot: Shoes
Irish Setter Work Men’s Mesabi 83829 Work Boot: Shoes
If your aim is protection, these boots should be your top picks. The outer part which has the steel toes and full grain leather are made to protect your feet from all types of falls and injuries. The waterproof system in these boots staves off moisture both from inside and outside of the boot. These Irish Setter Mesabi steel toes are ASTM featured. The Irish Setter has a unique heritage, it involves itself in sturdy craftsmanship and now also includes new technology. They meet all the standards for electrical hazards and have amazing exterior qualities. These boots are not not ideal for loggers but also for outdoor workers who use several tools and large equipment.
- The brand has some legacy and reputation
- These boots have met the standards of ASTM and protect rom all electrical hazards
- While choosing your size, go for a bigger size as they have size issues
4. Chippewa Men’s 9″ Waterproof Insulated Steel-Toe EH Logger Boot
Chippewa Men’s 9″ Waterproof Insulated Steel-Toe EH Logger Boot
The Chippewa Steel Toe EH Logger is another brand with great legacy and heritage. These boots are high quality with high prices as well. If you’re looking for boots that you won’t replace for some months, and you’re one of those who are exposed to different elements then Chippewas are the best for you. The boots are not only waterproof but also everything else proof. These loggers can handle about any compound you can throw at it. The layers of the boot are separated by air, some are waterproof while some aren’t thus allowing air to circulate which indeed creates a moisture wicking effect. These boots also meet the ASTM standards.
- It has a sophisticated waterproofing mechanism
- It’s a heritage brand and thus has a lot of legacy and reputation
- These boots are quite expensive
5. Thorogood Men’s American Heritage 8″ Moc Toe, MAXWear Wedge Safety Toe Boot
Thorogood Men’s American Heritage 8″ Moc Toe, MAXWear Wedge Safety Toe Boot
The rugged appearance is not the only thing that’s attractive about these boots. These logger boots are not just the look ones, they have very high efficiency and perform very well. The Thorogood boots also have a heritage and with full leather craftsmanship, it indicates that these will last for a long time. These boots feature a removable Dual Density Ultimate Shock Absorption insert which gives extra comfort and support to the logger. As compared to others, these are moderately priced and are great for someone who’s looking for durability and stability.
- This has non marking sole
- It has the shock absorbing insert
- It is durable and affordable
- There are issues that customers face regarding narrow sizing
Finding the best logger boots for you according to your needs can be hard but we hope that This article helps you find your perfect match in case of logger boots.